These are the main tools that make it possible for you to work from home and use other apps. They include:
- Laptop: You need a laptop to access office materials and communicate with your boss and colleagues.
- Monitor: You’ll also need another monitor to smoothen the workflow. Get a big monitor so that you can have better visibility. Instead of switching from one tab to another, you can open two different apps on your laptop and monitor. That way, you’ll be able to complete multiple tasks at the same time.
- Printer: You should also have a printer with scanning capabilities. You never know when you will be required to print a document, sign it, scan it, and send it back to your boss or client.
- Internet Router: You will need a router for internet signals.
- Ethernet Cables: Instead of using wireless connectivity, you can connect your devices directly to the router using Ethernet cables for faster internet.
Working from home means that you cannot physically go to your workmate’s desk to ask them a question. You need communication tools for better remote work experience. Examples of such tools include:
- Online Office: What happens when you have to review a report from a junior associate? You can ask them to save the document on an online office app and then share it with you. Ask them to enable editing. That way, you can review the report and add comments that can be helpful to your colleague. The changes happen in real-time and once you finish, you can ask your colleague to read the file and make changes according to the comments.
- Screen Recording Software: You may be working on a project with your colleagues, and then one person gets stuck. They have no clue about how to handle a certain task. If you have a screen recording software, you can simply record the process as you do it on your laptop and send it to them.
- HR Software: Since employees are working from home, you need a platform that will allow them to voice their concerns to the human resource manager. The HR software will also enable the HR department to track employee activities and make sure they’re doing the right thing.
- Video Conferencing Software: Sometimes the best way to connect is through face-to-face communication. Video conferencing apps allow you to engage in face-to-face online discussions and meetings.
- Quality Headphones: During live online meetings, your colleagues should be able to hear you when you speak. You should also be able to hear them. The best tool for this job is a headphone.
- Project Management App: You also need a project management app to keep your workflows in order. Team members can log into the software to check the progress of the project and see what’s required from them.
- Chat App: You also need an app that will facilitate quick communication amongst employees. A chat app allows them to send direct messages and engage in healthy informal conversations.
Since employees are working from home, you have to make sure that they take their work seriously. They should be accountable for deadlines. Use the following tracking apps to hold workers accountable:
- Group Calendar App: You can ask employees to write their schedule on the group calendar and then track their activities to see if they’re doing what they promised.
- Time Tracking App: There’s also a software that’s dedicated to tracking employee activity. It is like the manual clock-in, only that every time a worker logs into the company network, they have to verify their arrival time with the tracker app. If they go for a break, they also have to click on the app so that the break time can be tracked. This app will keep workers on their toes and stop them from lazing around.
Other Useful Tools
- Note-Taking Software: Sometimes you see something online and just want to save it for later. Tools like Milanote, Evernote, and Google Keep can help you organize your notes and keep everything organized.
- Ergonomic Chair: Since you’re going to spend the majority of the time sitting and working on your computer, you should invest in a comfortable chair to avoid back problems.
Remote working has become a thing. Some experts believe that it increases productivity because the worker is more comfortable and relaxed when they work from home. Make sure that you provide the apps mentioned above to help your employees cope better as they work remotely.