Email comes first as the official communication method. That’s the reason we all get frustrated to see an error on Outlook. We know you are experiencing [Pii_email_355f99a9c684c0f15d2c] error.
In this article, we are going to give you a few potential solutions. You have to go through each of them until you eliminate the issue. Do not skim through the fixes.
Fix [Pii_email_355f99a9c684c0f15d2c] Outlook Error
You should update the Outlook app first to eliminate this error. If that doesn’t help, you can clear the app cache, change the SMTP port, or remove duplicate accounts.
- How to Fix Server Unreachable when Making a Phone Call?
- [pii_email_9adeb2eb81f173c673a5] Error Resolved on Outlook
- How to Play YouTube Videos in the Background on Android and iPhone
- How to Edit(Customize) Context Menu in Windows 10 11
As is the case with any application, Outlook’s old version doesn’t work well. So, we are going to see how you can update it.
- Open the Outlook application.
- From the menu bar, click on File.
- You will get many new options. All you have to do is to press on Office Account at the bottom-left corner from the blue area.
- Now, look at the bottom right. Can you see the Office Updates header? Click on Update Options and choose Update Now.
Outlook will take some time to find the latest update and install the same. So, wait a bit.
Clear Outlook Cache
To remove the Pii_email_355f99a9c684c0f15d2c error, we are going to clear the app cache of Outlook. In case you are using the web version, see the next solution.
- Press Win key+ R to open the Run dialogue box.
- Enter %localappdata%\Microsoft\Outlook into the text field.
- Open the RoamCache folder. You can see all the cache files there.
- You are going to delete all of them. So, we recommend taking a backup of the whole folder so that you can restore it with all its contents if something goes south. Yeah, after taking a backup, you should delete the files inside the Roamcache folder.
That’s it! Oops, are you using macOS?
- Open Finder and press Command+ Shift+ G.
- Enter ~/Library/Caches/Microsoft/Outlook into the given field.
- Delete all the files you see there.
There you go!
Caution:- You must close Outlook before clearing the cache. And, restart the program to see if the issue has gone.
Clear the Browser Cache
Are you using the web version of Outlook? Chances are your cache hinders the way you use the program. So, we are going to clear the browser cache. On Chrome, you can follow the method given below.
- Open Chrome and click the menu button (top-right).
- From the number of options you see, go to More tools>> Clear browsing data.
- Choose the time range as All time.
- You need to tick Cookies and other site data and Cached images and files.
- Now, hit the Clear data button.
Hurray! You should restart the browser and visit Outlook. Log into your account. Isn’t the error gone?
Change the SMTP Port
Simple Mail Transfer Protocol aka SMTP is a set of rules to send emails. If you can’t find the above-given solutions helpful, you should try changing the SMTP port.
To do that,
- Open Outlook.
- Go to your account>> Settings.
- Click on the Advanced tab. And, you will see a text field beside the Outgoing server (SMTP). Change it to 587 from 465.
- Hit Ok.
There you go! You should restart the program to ensure the issue has been eliminated.
Purchase an MS Office License
Are you using a pirated copy of Microsoft Office? We don’t encourage piracy. Moreover, you can’t always get all the features of the paid version on pirated copies. So, why should you consider buying a license? Click here to know more about pricing.
Do you think the MS Office suite is expensive? Looking for a free alternative to Outlook? What about Mailbird? Or Thunderbird?
Remove Duplicate Accounts
Outlook sometimes behaves in a weird manner that it displays the same account twice. Hence, we are going to delete the duplicates. Even if you think there aren’t any, consider keeping only one account.
- On the Outlook interface, click on Files.
- Follow Account Settings>> Account Settings and choose the account you want to remove.
- Click the Remove button and press Ok.
What? Are you still getting the [Pii_email_355f99a9c684c0f15d2c] error? Try the following fixes.
Change the Server Timeout Value
Outlook has an option named Server Timeout, which refers to the interval, after which the program seeks a response from the server. Having it too low sometimes returns errors. We are going to change it to a bit high.
- Open Outlook and select the Files menu.
- Go to Account Settings >> Account Settings and select the account to which you want to make the changes.
- Click on Change.
- Follow More Settings>> Advanced tab. You can see Server Timeouts there. Move the toggle a bit to the right.
Don’t forget to restart Outlook before you use it again.
Clear Emails from Outlook Folder
Too many of anything may create quite the opposite effect. The same goes with emails too. If you have numerous mails in your inbox, it’s going to make the program stagnant.
Hence, we recommend you clear the folders quite often. Make sure you delete all unwanted messages. Turn off subscriptions from websites that you no longer need.
Re-install the MS Office Suite
We hope you know Outlook isn’t a standalone program. It comes bundled inside the MS Office suite. That means, removing Outlook isn’t possible unless you uninstall the whole suite.
That’s what you should do. Uninstall the entire suite and install it again. Try logging into your email account on Outlook. Are you getting the error now?
Use the Web Version (if you are not already using it)
You are using the Outlook program, aren’t you? In case the eight solutions we have given above don’t come to your rescue, you should switch to the web version.
On your browser, use this link. It will ask you to log in. Make sure you give the right credentials. That’s it. For your convenience, you must create a website shortcut on the desktop.
Go through Your Antivirus Settings
Are you using a third-party antivirus on your computer? Sometimes, it may block the network access of some programs. False positives are common with antivirus programs.
You have to go through all the settings of your firewall and antivirus. Check for anything that indicates obstruction of the network access to Outlook.
Some Other Similar Errors
No, what we are talking about isn’t the only Pii error. Outlook is rich with so many similar errors. Some of them are mentioned below.
Frequently Asked Questions
It’s impossible to point out a single cause. The Pii stands for Personally Identifiable Information. It can arise from a hindering Antivirus configuration, heavy inbox, or too low server timeout value.
That’s the purpose of this article. Even though we are dealing with [Pii_email_355f99a9c684c0f15d2c], you can use the solutions for any other Pii error. The probable solutions are clearing the cache, using the web version, changing the server timeout value, removing duplicate accounts, and more.
You have got eleven solutions to fix the [Pii_email_355f99a9c684c0f15d2c] error. As we have told you in the beginning, you must start from the top. Try every solution. We are sure your quest will end at one of these eleven fixes. Do you have another workaround that worked for you? Do not hesitate to share the same with us in the comment section below. We will update this article with your contribution if found useful.
Your words are your own, so be nice and helpful if you can. Please, only use your REAL NAME, not your business name or keywords. Using business name or keywords instead of your real name will lead to the comment being deleted. Anonymous commenting is not allowed either. Limit the amount of links submitted in your comment. We accept clean XHTML in comments, but don't overdo it please. You can wrap code in [lang-name][/lang-name] tags.