If you use the Mac device for some time, it may happen that it’s getting a bit slower and its performance is not the same fast as it was in the very beginning. Needless to say, it doesn’t only slow down your work but also wastes your time and makes you feel annoyed. But there is no reason for panic! Do not worry, it’s possible to boost your computer’s performance using our simple but very effective solutions. Read the tips below to make your Mac fast again.
- Update your device on the regular basis. Apple always takes care of its customers and offers free updates for devices regularly. Do not ignore this important thing because, with every new update, your computer will run smoother. Updates are made to solve some problems in previous versions, so if you have missed one or several updates, it’s not a surprise that your device started to work slower than usual. Make sure you accept updates – it will not only keep your computer on a good level of work but also protect files against threats.
- Remove junk files regularly. When you have a new device, you start to install new apps, and it doesn’t affect the performance. But over time, you may notice the decreased performance. It happens because people always forget to uninstall those applications they do not use for many days, weeks, months, and even years. Remember that various apps can load a system memory, making your device slower. Of course, when your Mac is overloaded, it’s difficult to operate as fast as before. Take care of your computer and clean it up from unnecessary apps and files. Here you can read more hints on cleaning your Mac’s hard drive.
- Remove the excessive widgets and icons. When you have too many widgets and icons on the desktop, it slows down your computer. Of course, some widgets and icons can be quite useful for your work, but it’s important to check out if they all are really needed. It’s simple to spend just several minutes to see which icons you have opened and delete unnecessary widgets and icons that slow the Mac down. Just try it, and enjoy your renewed desktop and a faster computer!
- Delete file copies and temporary documents. When you use your computer for a long time, you may discover a pile of unnecessary files on its drive. For example, do you know that even mail attachment file copies are saved on your device? Just think how much space it takes! The same goes for photos, try to check out your iPhoto, and you will find many identical images there. And now, just think how much space on your computer can be recovered! Of course, you can do it manually or use special software to clean duplicate mail and photo files from your Mac.
- Remove damaged files and apps. Sometimes, you may install some app and then you don’t use it anymore but forget to uninstall or do it incorrectly. This is the way damaged files can be collected on your device. You may just check it, and we promise you will be surprised how many broken downloads and damaged files you have on the computer. Needless to say, it slows down your device’s performance, so it’s important to delete these files properly. Again, you can do it manually or use a special app that detects and removes damaged and broken files.
As for now, you know the main tips on improving your computer’s performance and making your Mac fast just like a new one! Of course, the simplest and faster way is to get a reliable cleaner that will help to solve problems and even suggest solutions.