MBA Information Technology which is commonly known as MBA IT, is a two years post-graduate program. Some of the top MBA colleges in India offer this specialized program. This course includes the study of business and management, along with the study of technology. Topics covered in MBA IT includes system analysis and design, database management systems, etc.
Due to the rapid development of technology, a number of jobs are open for graduates of management with a specialization in Information Technology. Here we will discuss upon top MBA Colleges in India offering the program, Eligibility & Scope.
Top MBA colleges in India offering MBA (IT)
Below, the average annual fees and placement at the top MBA colleges in India offering MBA – IT is given:
- Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad.
- Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore.
- Indian Institute of Management, Ghaziabad.
- Symbiosis Institute of Computer Science and Research, Pune.
- Symbiosis Centre for Information Technology, Pune.
- Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai.
- Xavier Labour Relations Institute, Jamshedpur
- Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta.
- Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow.
- Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University, Pune.
|Name of Institute||Average Annual Fees (Rs)||Placement (Top recruiting companies)|
|Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad||11,50,000||Top recruiting companies are Microsoft, Amazon, JP Morgan Chase, and Co, McKinsey and Co, Bain and Co, Citi Bank, Axis Bank, Accenture, TCS, HCL, etc|
|Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore||11,58,000||Microsoft IDC, Sprinklr, Tech Mahindra, Google, Infoedge, Cisco, etc.|
|Indian Institute of Management, Ghaziabad||10,35,000||Deloitte, Ernst and Young, Federal Bank, ITC, Mondelez, Godrej, Amul, Saint Gobain, Wipro, ICICI Group, Berger Paints Bajaj Finserv, etc.|
|Symbiosis Centre for Information Technology, Pune||1,53,000||Infosys, Wipro, Cognizant, American Express, EXL Services, HDFC Bank, Intel Vodafone, HCL Comnet, Syntel, etc.|
|Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai||3,00,000||Accenture Strategy, ICICI Bank, Citi Bank, JP Morgan Chase and Co, Kotak Mahindra Bank, Mahindra, Airtel, etc.|
|Xavier Labour Relations Institute, Jamshedpur||11,50,000||Capgemini, Hindustan Unilever, Deloitte, etc.|
|Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta||11,30,000||PWC, Amazon, Deloitte, Flipkart, ITC, Gartner, Mc Kinsey, and Company, Jio, Yes Bank, HDFC Bank, Barclays, Master Card, Capgemini, etc.|
|Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow||11,65,000||Amazon, Ernst and Young, Citi Card, Flipkart, Bosch, Standard Chartered Bank, Star India, etc.|
|Symbiosis Institute of Computer Science and Research, Pune||3,19,000||IBM, Infosys, Accenture, Cognizant, HSBC, Google, Oracle, Mindtree, Capgemini, Amdocs, Infotech, etc,|
|Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University, Pune||1,75,000||Galaxy, Philips, ICICI Bank, Tata Steel, Kirloskar Group of Companies, TCE, Bajaj Finserv, etc.|
Top MBA Colleges in India – Eligibility for MBA in Information Technology
The Eligibility criteria at the top MBA colleges in India to take admission in the MBA IT course is the same as the regular MBA course. For admission in the MBA IT course, candidates need to qualify for a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from a recognized university. Final year candidates can also apply for admission in this course.
Apart from the academic qualification, most of the top MBA colleges in India want the scores of GMAT, CAT, XAT, MAT, SNAP, etc. To be eligible for the entrance exams, students need to have scored at least 50-60% in their bachelor’s degree. The entrance exam for MBA IT is discussed in the below points:
- CAT: Common Admission Test is an All India Entrance exam conducted by the Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) on a rotational basis. It is accepted by many of the top MBA colleges in India. CAT is an online computer-based test that is conducted for admission into an MBA course in the top colleges like IIMs.
- MAT: The full form of MAT is the Management Aptitude Test. It is a standardized test that is conducted four times a year. The mode of the MAT entrance exam is both offline and online. The online exam is called a Computer-based Test (CBT), and the offline exam is called a Paper-based test (PBT). The colleges that accept MAT exams are VIT Business School, Christ University, etc.
- XAT: Xavier Aptitude Test or popularly known as the XAT exam, is another top management national level entrance exam. It is a computer-based online exam which is conducted by Xavier Labour Relations Institute (XLRI) Jamshedpur for admission to MBA in IT course. The scores of XAT are accepted by almost all Business schools in India. This exam is also accepted by many of the top MBA colleges in India.
- GMAT: Graduate Management Admission Test is another entrance exam conducted by the Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC). It is a computer-based test. GMAT scores are accepted not only in India but also accepted in the world. In India, many institutes like IIM Ahmedabad, Xavier Labour Relations Institute (XLRI), etc. accept GMAT scores.
- SNAP: Symbiosis National Aptitude Test is popularly known as SNAP is one of the National MBA entrance exams which is conducted by Symbiosis International University for admission in the MBA course. It is an online computer-based exam.
Top MBA College in India – Scope of MBA (IT)
MBA in Information Technology is one of the most popular and well-known courses among students. After qualifying MBA in IT from one of the top MBA colleges in India, a lot of job opportunities are there for graduates. Students will be able to get jobs in IT industries, Banking, and Finance sectors and all other sectors belonging to IT Management.
An MBA in Information Technology from one of the top MBA colleges in India can pursue a career as a – Project Manager, Business Development Executive/ Manager, Product Manager, Marketing Manager, Analytics Manager, System Manager, Data Processing Manager, Business Analyst, IT Manager/ Consultant, etc.
Lastly, it can be said that an MBA in IT has a very bright future or scope because, in terms of placement, many top international companies like Mc Kinsey and Company, Boston Consulting Group, and Bain and Company hire such candidates. The key is to take admission in the top MBA colleges in India. We hope this article has given all the information about colleges and scope of MBA (IT).
Your words are your own, so be nice and helpful if you can. Please, only use your REAL NAME, not your business name or keywords. Using business name or keywords instead of your real name will lead to the comment being deleted. Anonymous commenting is not allowed either. Limit the amount of links submitted in your comment. We accept clean XHTML in comments, but don't overdo it please. You can wrap code in [lang-name][/lang-name] tags.