IT architecture services should be included in the list of must-have services from developers for all types of businesses. This is a very important process that allows you to immediately choose the right direction and avoid many costly mistakes.
Consulting is a very broad concept, and therefore it explains little, because any assistance to a client in solving problems arising in the course of his activities has the right to be called consulting. Since the range of such problems is very wide, the activities of consultants are difficult to classify. The existence of a huge number of companies providing consulting services both in any one direction and covering the full range of services in this industry does not make this task any easier. It is not surprising that everyone has a different meaning in the concept of “consulting”, determined by the practical direction of their activities, and this often leads to confusion. This is confirmed by Russian practice, where you can find mention of consulting, both when carrying out offsetting and setting up accounting programs, and even when creating a political image.
General characteristics of the consulting services market
The essence of consulting is to help the client increase the efficiency of their activities and create value, both by providing information and advice, and by providing their services in achieving their goals. Consultants have to study and analyze the situation, put forward hypotheses and propose innovations, as well as convince clients of the need for the proposed measures and implement them.
The main clients of consulting firms are large companies. Depending on the direction of the client’s business, its size, the nature of the problems it solves, consultants solve a wide variety of tasks, ranging from tax planning, researching new markets, designing production management systems and ending with legal support for corporations, recruiting and team building.
Management, IT and strategy
Management consulting is a type of activity aimed at solving problems and / or tasks facing top managers in the field of strategic planning, management of economic, investment and financial activities, optimization and improvement of the company’s performance, as well as conducting the necessary analytical and research work.
The end result of the activity is not only solving the problems faced by managers, but also increasing the efficiency of the company as a whole and / or increasing the individual productivity of each employee, and in some cases creating competitive advantages and bringing the company to a new level.
IT consulting challenge
Most often, in the field of information technology and Internet services, IT strategy consulting is needed by company leaders for the following purposes:
- Design, development and implementation of corporate information systems design;
- Development and implementation of a database management system;
- Development and implementation of production process automation systems;
- Development and implementation of applications for software integration systems;
- E-business solutions.
All these processes take time and careful preparation. In the process of work, consultants often face the following problems:
- The client does not understand the importance of the preparation stage and expects the result too soon;
- The client misjudged his financial capabilities and wants to cut the budget in the middle of the project;
- The client does not understand the meaning of some actions or sees the whole chain in his own way;
- The customer has changed the goal in the middle or at the end of the project and wants to see a different final result.
- The customer is worried about the safety of the data, and therefore provides the consultants with incomplete data.