There are only a handful of VR headsets available in the market right now that can offer you an unprecedented and unparalleled virtually reality experience. And one of these has to be the HTC Vive-if you’re already using the HTC Vive, you know that the headset is capable of delivering a unique VR experience once it is connected with wireless controllers and a companionable laptop or PC. However, if your laptop or desktop is installed quite far away from the play area, you may find it difficult to organize the VR equipment set-up.
In order to get around the problem, you can go for a HTC Vive Extension Cable that lets you stretch the USB connectivity of the headset to your PC. The HTC Vive cable extension can comfortably help connect the headset’s control box to the laptop or PC placed in another room, without causing signal loss or sacrificing high-speed data transmission. Additionally, you have full leeway in shifting around or moving from one room to the other so as to enjoy the VR movies and games to the hilt.
Taking Advantage of HTC Vive Extension Cables
You’ll have to keep specific aspects in mind and follow certain steps for making optimum use of your HTC Vive. Chances are that your workstation or gaming PC is positioned in your living room or drawing room. Now if your bedroom or living room is not big enough, it may not have the prescribed or standard room-scale required for a VR equipment installation.
On the other hand, if you wish to install the equipment and accessories in a bigger space or room, the proprietary cables supplied with the HTC Vive may not serve the purpose. The most practical solution to the issue would be to reinstall the computer in the room offering the ideal VR room-scale.
But if you do not wish to uproot your workstation from its existing spot, you should buy a quality extension cable that is compatible with Vive. Go through the following tips for installing your HTC Vive extension cables as mentioned in the instruction manual:-
- Do not try to change the positions of the Vive headset and the controller by extending or contracting the cable connecting the two devices. They already have been set up at the prescribe distance from each other.
- Contrary to what you think, there is no need for you to purchase a very long Vive extension cable. A short-range extension cable will work fine provided you buy the right accessories for connecting the cord with the control box. If you go for a lengthy extension cable, say about 10 feet long, then you’ll need to buy a snag-free 30-foot Cat6 Ethernet cable, a high-speed 30-foot HDMI cable, and a USB over Ethernet kit.
And if you opt for a short-range cable extension, you’ll have to purchase a 10-foot male-to-male USB cable and a 10-feet HDMI cable. The new HDMI and Ethernet cables will simply replace the existing counterparts. Once you’re through with the set-up, you’re ready to go.
Managing the HTC Vive Extension Cables
You can make the most of the world of VR only when you experience a trouble-free streaming. But then there are a host of issues that can interfere with your smooth VR movie –viewing or gaming experience. Therefore it is extremely essential that you set up everything perfectly before you proceed to use the HTC Vive headset.
One of the things that you need to fix properly is the HTC Vive extension cables-if you do not install them suitably or accurately, they can cause distractions and can be quite risky as well. This guide will go a long way in helping you to installing the HTC Vive cable extension so that you can enjoy hassle-free VR movies or games.
Just abide by these simple and easy steps:-
- No matter whichever brand of HTC Vive-compatible extension cables you buy, all products have an efficient cable management mechanism or system. The system has been designed keeping ergonomics in mind so that you can manage the cords effectively without disrupting your VR experience. You can arrange the cables in a manner so that the same are at a distance from your body which helps prevents trips or slips.
Your aim is to arrange extension cables in a way so that they are facing away from you. In order to achieve this, you simply have to place the cords into the respective blocks or traps positioned on the back and top bands.
- Next arrange the cables in such a way that you thoroughly minimize chances of suffering a trip or fall. Surely, keeping yourself safe and sound while you’re viewing a movie or playing a game in VR is of paramount importance. If you want to avoid hurting or injuring yourself because of the extension cords then make sure you take them off of the ground or floor.
Think about customizing the installation of cables in a way that you find most suitable and can keep you out of harm’s way. For instance, you can tether the cables to your body by clubbing them together and clipping them in a karabiner or a safety clip. Thereafter, you can attach the karabiner clip to the loop of your belt.
- In case you do not wish to fasten the cables to yourself, then you can take advantage of another strategy. You can easily find a sizable binder clip or karabiner or a cable holder for holding or managing the cables and placing the contraption on a large desk or table.