Whether it is web-based casino games or online video games, Canadians love playing games on the internet. And now that everyone carries a smartphone with them at all times, it means we can play online games whenever we want. But what are the online gaming preferences of us Canadians? Let’s find out.
Which online casino games do Canadians prefer?
According to Canada Infolink, Canada ranks number eight in the world for online casino gaming. The provinces of British Columbia, Ontario, Saskatchewan, and our very own Alberta have all launched their own online gambling sites, and many Canadians love to play games at offshore online casinos. Offshore casinos sometimes have more to offer. For instance, Casumo’s exclusive live casino dealers are located in a studio and players can participate in games like roulette or poker in real-time, for an experience that is very akin to sitting at a table in a land-based casino. Whether Canadians play software casino games or live dealer games, Canada Infolink can give us an insight into the types of games Canadians love playing the most. Slot games are the nation’s favourite, played by 72% of Canadian online casino-goers, followed by poker, which is preferred by 59%.
Do female or male Canadians play casino games the most?
The Canada Infolink report also states that men far outnumber women in Canada when it comes to playing online casino games. 80% of online gamers are male. However, interestingly, Canada is the only country in the world where women gamers use their phones more than men to play games. 55% of all female gamers in Canada play on their smartphones.
What types of online video games do Canadians prefer?
When it comes to online video games, according to a report by Essential Facts, adult Canadians enjoy playing puzzle games online the most while Canadian children and teenagers prefer action and adventure video games. The Essential Facts report states 37% of Canadian adults play puzzle games, followed by 24% who play action and adventure games, and 23% who play strategy games and RPGs.
Which online video game titles do Canadians prefer?
As for video games in general, the best-sellers in Canada are Grand Theft Auto IV in first-place, Halo 2 in second place, and Super Smash Bros. Brawl in third. But for online video games, here are the top three favourites in Canada by age range and gender, according to Essential Facts:
- The top three most played titles by female gamers aged six to twelve are Roblox, followed by Minecraft, and then Mario Kart.
- The top three for male gamers aged six to twelve are Minecraft, Fortnite, and Mario Kart.
- For female gamers aged between thirteen and seventeen, the top three games are Mario Kart, Fortnite, and Sims 4.
- For male gamers aged between thirteen and seventeen, the top three games are Fortnite, Call of Duty, and Minecraft and Grand Theft Auto tying in third place.
- For female gamers aged between eighteen and thirty-four, the top three games are Mario Kart, Call of Duty, and Sims 4.
- For male gamers aged between eighteen and thirty-four, the top three games are Call of Duty, FIFA20 and Grand Theft Auto in joint second place, and NBA 2K20 in third.
- For female gamers aged between thirty-five and fifty-four, the top three games are Solitaire, Candy Crush, and Sudoku and Scrabble tied in third place.
- For male gamers aged between thirty-five and fifty-four, the top three games are Call of Duty, NHL20, and Madden20 and Mario Kart tied in third place.
- For female gamers aged between fifty-five and sixty-four, the top three games are Solitaire, Candy Crush, and Scrabble.
- For male gamers aged between fifty-five and sixty-four, the top three games are Solitaire, Video Poker, and Sudoku.